Identifying Your Toilet Model
Model Number Location Overview
- Toilet model numbers are located in a variety of places on the product.
- One-piece toilet: The model number is located inside the tank.
- Two-piece toilet: Model numbers are found inside the tank and the bowl, and are specific for those parts of the toilet. A model number also identifies the toilet as a combined product, but this is not located on the toilet itself.
- The tank lid for both one-piece and two-piece toilets includes a part number that identifies the lid.
Tank Model Numbers
- The model number is located inside the tank, either molded into the china or stamped with blue or black ink.
- The model number consists of four digits and may include a K prefix.
- In some cases, the model number is preceded by 97. For example, 974166 contains the model number 4166.
- One-piece toilet: The number inside the tank is the primary toilet model number.
- Two-piece toilet: The number inside the tank is specifically for the tank (the bowl has its own model number).
Bowl Model Numbers (Two-Piece Toilets Only)
- The bowl of a two-piece toilet has the model number molded into the china on the underside of the bowl flange.
- The number on the bowl is specifically for the bowl (the tank has its own model number).
Tank Lid Part Numbers
- The toilet tank lid also contains a number either molded into the china or stamped with blue or black ink.
Difficulty Identifying Your Model
- Model numbers in older toilets may be hard to read due to mineral or bacterial growth within the tank.
- Rub the area to remove residue. Refer to care and cleaning for vitreous china toilets and bidets on kohler.com/clean.
- In some KOHLER tanks, an Insuliner® tank liner may be installed, covering the model number.
- Record the part number of the toilet tank lid and contact the Customer Care Center at 1-800-4KOHLER for assistance.
Click Here For Maintenance And Service Parts
1256276-10-A ©Kohler Co.